THAI boosts European links with PhuketThai Airways has unveiled a series of new flights for its 2016-17 winter schedule, including new services direct between Phuket and Europe. This week, the national carrier launched a new direct route connecting Phuket with Frankfurt, enabling German holidaymakers to head straight to the popular resort island. This flight will operate three times a week using a Boeing 777 aircraft, and continues onwards between Phuket and Bangkok. In addition, THAI will increase the frequency of its seasonal Phuket-Copenhagen and Phuket-Stockholm routes to two flights per week each from 9 and 10 December respectively. These services are also operated using a B777. The national carrier has also added more flights between Europe and Bangkok; the previously suspended Moscow route will resume on 15 December with four weekly B777 flights, and the key Bangkok-London route has increased from 12 to 14 weekly flights, including daily Airbus A380 services. THAI’s Bangkok-Oslo service has gone daily (up from five weekly flights) and one more weekly flight has been added to the Brussels route, taking it to four weekly flights. Finally, THAI has deployed its brand new A350 to Italy, including four flights per week to Rome and three per week to Milan. New Routes
- Direct flights from Bangkok-Moscow v.v., 4 flights per week, operating with Boeing 777-200ER, effective 15 December 2016.
- Direct flights from Bangkok-Phuket-Frankfurt v.v., 3 flights per week, operating with Boeing 777-300ER, effective today.
Increase Flight Frequencies
- Bangkok-Copenhagen-Phuket-Bangkok, 2 flights per week, operating with Boeing 777-300ER, effective 9 December 2016.
- Bangkok-Stockholm-Phuket-Bangkok, 2 flights per week, operating with Boeing 777-300ER, effective 10 December 2016.
- Bangkok-London v.v. from 12 to 14 flights per week, operating with Airbus A380 for 7 flights per week and Boeing 777-300ER for 7 flights per week, effective today.
- Bangkok- Oslo v.v. from 5 to 7 flights per week, operating with Boeing 777-300ER, effective today.
- Bangkok- Brussels v.v. from 3 to 4 flights per week, operating with Boeing 777-300ER, effective today.
- Bangkok- Manila v.v. from 10 to 14 flights per week, operating with Boeing 777-200ER and Boeing 777-200, effective 1 December 2016.
- Bangkok- Dhaka v.v. from 7 to 11 flights per week, operating with Boeing 777-200ER and Boeing 777-200, effective 1 January 2017.
New Aircraft to Operate Additional Routes
- Utilize Airbus A350, the newest aircraft type in THAI’s fleet, on the route Bangkok-Rome v.v. at 4 flights per week and Bangkok-Milan v.v. at 3 flights per week, effective today and also on flights to Bangkok-Singapore v.v. with immediate effect.
- Operate flight TG672/673 on the route Bangkok-Osaka v.v. with Airbus A380 aircraft, effective 16 January 2017.